Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,735 Posts
And look at that....the bolts are still in ;-).

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Coues106

·
Registered
6 Posts
New to the forum. I have a BYF 40 98k that was a bring back from my grandfather- its all matching and was pulled from a pile just like this one- he told me it was normal practice to take the bolts out and throw them in a separate pile from the rifles but he got to a stack that wasn't "molested" yet.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Commonwealth soldier looking at a German G33/40 rifle...Meanwhile a G43 can be seen in the bottom right side of the photo, sitting upside down with the 10 round magazine facing the camera...

There's an SS helmet with camouflage cover in the lower portion of the photo, just below where the German in the field cap is bending over....That's what I'd grab....Bodes

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
New to the forum. I have a BYF 40 98k that was a bring back from my grandfather- its all matching and was pulled from a pile just like this one- he told me it was normal practice to take the bolts out and throw them in a separate pile from the rifles but he got to a stack that wasn't "molested" yet.
I suppose at the time it would be a good safety procedure to remove the bolts, ensuring no loaded rifles were missed.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
considering their are several thousand rifles in the above photos, all with bolts intact, I doubt removing bolts was normal practice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Commonwealth soldier looking at a German G33/40 rifle...Meanwhile a G43 can be seen in the bottom right side of the photo, sitting upside down with the 10 round magazine facing the camera...

There's an SS helmet with camouflage cover in the lower portion of the photo, just below where the German in the field cap is bending over....That's what I'd grab....Bodes
The German standing to the left in front of the GI's looks to be wearing an SS Camo smock too. I wonder if we was being sorted out from the others.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts