Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Platinum+ Bullet Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile back (perhaps 18 months) I picked up a non-import marked, duffle cut, all matching 1911 Danzig K98a. I had broken it down for a quick inspection for rust, pits etc. Finding none, I cleaned the barrel, lightly oiled the metal parts and put it back together. Having some free time last night I decided to give this one and two others a thorough going over and a more thorough cleaning. I discovered a name on the side of the magazine. I know that electric pens and engravers have been around since the mid/late 1800s. This signature looks like it was done with someone with a bit of experience at using an engraving tool. Just wondered if anyone else has run across anything like this.

MVC-028S.JPG MVC-029S.JPG

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Man that's neat as heck!!!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
A friend of mine bought a C96 with a name etched like that, except it was in the most conspicuous location. I like yours though, adds history to the rifle without detracting from its appearance.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I owned a bnz45 once with a name and driver's license number (or something similar) scratched in the exact same place.

·
Platinum+ Bullet Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive re-checked the entire rifle. I was hoping to find a last name, something I could do research on. Nothing there. "Richard" had some pretty neat penmanship though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts