Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own 2 collector grade mausers and 1 M-1 carbine purchased from Mitchells Mausers. I hope you are going to tell me those were good purchases. Be kind..I am a newbie on this forum.

NRA Benefactor

·
Copper Bullet member
237 Posts
I think you should check out the other threads on Mitchell's Mausers. I'm new too and the consensus here is that MM's are not the real deal.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Bombing Premium

I own 2 collector grade mausers and 1 M-1 carbine purchased from Mitchells Mausers. I hope you are going to tell me those were good purchases. Be kind..I am a newbie on this forum.
Ok, let's let Mitchell's Mausers answer that themselves: and I quote [from the M48 section]:

"Some people may be getting the mistaken impression that these rifles were manufactured by Germans during the occupation. That is not the case. These rifles were manufactured with German technology in Serbia after the people had driven the Germans out of Yugoslavia.

This is an important distinction, because that is one of the reasons why the Model 48 is recognized as a superior example of the K98 type military rifle. The factory in Serbia was not bombed, like the German factories during the war. The factory in Serbia had a good supply of raw materials. And the Model 48 was produced by free people, instead of forced labor. All of which resulted in a superior rifle in its own right."

So, according to MM, your 2 Collector Grade K98 rifles are: inferior to the M48 in their own right, lacked a good supply of raw materials, were made by forced labor, and in factories that were being bombed no less.

And you got all that and more for just the addition cost of $200 each. (i.e, Collector Grade M48 = $299, Collector Grade K98 = $499)

I guess only at MM do the expressions "bombed" and "forced labor" carry a $200 premium with them.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
well. i think the main thing is the 'semi false' advertizing. pretty shameless.
really if they took a touch of $ off and less 'glazed dounut' look, many collectors would fork over a few extra for them to redo. but they got greedy, and try to needle newer collectors.
there are better deals out there. plus there renumbering sucks. again shameless.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
As does their new made stocks!
They have an F rating with the US Better Business Beureau to boot! :eek:
Sarge

1 - 6 of 6 Posts