Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
I had bid on that one, but I only went to somewhere near $700 as well, I was a little sure the bore was pitted of course due to the pic of bore, oh well, I have a repro one piece base I need to solder onto a likely former zf41 rifle that the Romanians removed the rear sight base and put a non zf41 base, it has a zf41 cut stock that is numbers matching to the receiver and the rear sight base is obviously a replacement with different color blueing that has a nice shiny bore with g+ to vg bore, and I screwed up recently when I noticed in France on ebay, a regular seller, had a duv and waffen marked zf41 base but I figured it was likely a repro, at $260 shipped, but unfortunately I noticed later the company sells maybe original parts they found in parts lots from surplus parts from various European sources, a big mistake on my part, that thing sat there for bout a week and someone else bought it.

I got an original scope and mount, just nothing set up yet, so folks can go ahead and blow $1500 or more dollars on a rc zf41 base rifle with a dark pitted bore, I wished I had that one but I won't let those kind of dollars go for that.

I don't think the stock fitted well to that action, seemed the wood wasn't cut far enough forward to clear a mount when attached, but I could be wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.