Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to order a K98 and need to know who to order from. I want a good shooter with nice wood and a shiney bore. Can some one steer me in the right direction. I have ordered from just about everyone on the sponser list but am wondering about who has the best K98 for the money. I am not looking for a collector piece just a nice looking shooter.
Thanks Bob

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I want to order a K98 and need to know who to order from. I want a good shooter with nice wood and a shiney bore. Can some one steer me in the right direction. I have ordered from just about everyone on the sponser list but am wondering about who has the best K98 for the money. I am not looking for a collector piece just a nice looking shooter.
Thanks Bob
Well for sure, nobody who is a mass wholesaler will ever fire a gun for you to determine if it's a "good shooter".....If you want a good shooter (accurate) then I would recommend buying a gun from a end user--like someone on the trader board who actually fired the weapon you have in question and hopefully they can give you a accurate description of the outcome of a range trip.

If your looking for the items on a K98 that "may" make it a good shooter (ie; shinny bore) then I would recommend a hand picked from people like Dennis (Empire arms). I would NOT trust a wholesalers "hand picked" for bore condition. Although I have had good luck with AIM, I think it was luck not skill in that department because the bore was dirty when I got it.

And from the "what it's worth" department.....I do have several military guns with cruddy- poor condition bores that shoot like tack-drivers!....It does take extra time to clean the bore after firing it--but they do shoot wonderful!...Then there are others with bright shinny bores that can not hit a 3'x3' target at 100 yards on a consistant basis!...go figure...

BAF

·
Banned
7,240 Posts
Classic arms WILL select for bore and has delivered me some very nice k98's in the past.
I would advise to shop our board sponsors FIRST however, as they keep up going...
If you can't find a sponsor with what you need, try Classic..

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
You can't go wrong with Empire Arms, Dennis is a pleasure to deal with. Also there is a gun store in Michigan named On Target Guns that have been posting a lot of nice K98s on Gun Broker and they to are fantastic to deal with. I highly recommend both these sources.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,871 Posts
Ditto. I asked for a specific date/code/stock type combination and they accommodated me without any hassle.

C/
+1 for all of those.

Poot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts