Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a K98 cleaning kit at a gun show this weekend. It is Grey in color with the code Ky.1937 stamped on top. All parts seem to be present. There is a pull chain with hook. Bakelite oiler and 3 brushes. One has the brass center section. One appears to be a type of nylon brush and one appears to be Black hair or nylon. There are also two small used rags in the bottom. Does this sound correct for this era cleaning kit. Let me know. Also does anyone know who made this kit by the code.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
508 Posts
A 1937 kit should have a steel oiler in it,there also should be a takedown tool. this is a 1943 dated one.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K98 Claening Kit

Dear Mariko,
Thanks for your help. Obviously with a 1937 date the kit does not have the original parts. Where can I get a metal oiler and a take down tool. Let me know.
Yours,

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Dear Mariko,
Thanks for your help. Obviously with a 1937 date the kit does not have the original parts. Where can I get a metal oiler and a take down tool. Let me know.
Yours,
As much as it pains me to suggest it, you might watch eBay auctions. I've seen (and bought) many cleaning kit related items there.

C/

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hi 1105,the only place I have seen them for sale is The collectors Guild at germanmilitaria.com But it will probably cost as much as buying a complete kit. I paid $30 US for mine at a gunshow this year,it is marked arr43 and the takedown tool matches.Your KY code is an unknown maker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts