Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
got this just to shoot down the range would love to have your thoughts on it,

not many markings only the ones you see! No cleaning rod no hole in the wood for one nice blueing post war?

robert

Attachments

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
Looks to be a great shooter tho , markings dont mean much to me if it does not shoot straight. Not into safe queens myself i like to fire my weapons , i would scope it and get some ammo.
Cant hurt it. Any mauser shoots straight is a great find to me its a mauser.

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,481 Posts
The gun has little collector value, if any!
The rifle is an unsporterized K98k. It has collector value, more than an RC but less than a better example. I would like to see the firing proof on the receiver and barrel. It just might be worth more than we think.

mil-surpshooter64 is a military surplus rifle shooter, not a collector. There is a forum for them, Surplus Rifle Forum - for shooters and collectors. They have no problem drilling receivers. This is Gunboards - for collectors by collectors.

Regards,
Bill

·
8,105 Posts
The rifle is an unsporterized K98k. It has collector value, more than an RC but less than a better example. I would like to see the firing proof on the receiver and barrel. It just might be worth more than we think.

mil-surpshooter64 is a military surplus rifle shooter, not a collector. There is a forum for them, Surplus Rifle Forum - for shooters and collectors. They have no problem drilling receivers. This is Gunboards - for collectors by collectors.

Regards,
Bill
Agree, agree, agree, especially with the statement "This is Gunboards - for collectors by collectors." Drilling would be foolish.

I especially like the British proofs, to me they add a lot of interest showing that the rifle was in Britain post-WW2 and was intended for use by the new owner there.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
And you sir i do not even know how would you know what i have and do not have ?, i have collecter rifles as well they still go to range and get used. I have never said word 1 to you so you do not know anything about me so i would appreciate if you would not bring me up in your posts since you know nothing about me .
He's a man that knows his Mauser so much so that he could write books on them. So I'm pretty sure he's pretty good at assessing who is and isn't a collector by the comments they make...... like turning a $400 K98 into $200 by drilling and tapping it for a hunting scope....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.