Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have an identical stock I purchased from Poland (beech hardwood, I believe Fox makes theirs from proper beech laminate) and the cross bolt in the stock is purely cosmetic. If yours is the same as mine, it is just a threaded round piece when it should be square. You will want an actual recoil bolt if you plan on doing any shooting. Hopefully the sporter stock still has it for salvage?

I was also able to purchase the cleaning rod, rod retaining nut, front band spring, and an adjustable gas system from Frontline Militaria, a sight hood and complete spring kit from Sarco, and a front band from Waffenmeisters for my sporter rescue. All repro parts. That was earlier this week, so no word yet on the quality of these items, but I am hopeful.

@hatrick I will send you a link in PM to where these beech hardwood stocks can be purchased. They are a little thick in the wrist and handguard, but for $130 they are just the ticket for a budget shooter after a little fitting/thinning. Shipping is a bit slow from Poland, but I am very pleased with mine.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts