Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a k43 in a sporter stock. Unfortunately its missing a few pieces. I picked up a fox stock a few months ago at a local auction just incase something like this happened. Now I know I may not find all the missing parts overnight. I'm not sure what I need for the trigger group. I have attached pictures of what I currently have. Any help on what may be missing and were to find them is appreciated. I do know that i'll need a bold and cover. Probably the hardest to find.

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,581 Posts
I wish you the best, That's one big task to complete, from what I see trigger package may be ok. Missing parts is bolt carrier, bolt, lugs FP in this case forget dustcover. Have you got the safety? Why is trigger guard lookin like that!. Sarco use to have spare parts Not any more. Place a WTB see what happens. You're in good place someone can help you.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
You basically need a bolt, a barrel band, and a triggerguard (unless you're okay with the chromed one), ....Cannot see if you have a buttplate, but a K98k one can work in a pinch....Front sight protector, ten shot magazine and cleaning rod are not needs but could be added down the road....Bodes

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You basically need a bolt, a barrel band, and a triggerguard (unless you're okay with the chromed one), ....Cannot see if you have a buttplate, but a K98k one can work in a pinch....Front sight protector, ten shot magazine and cleaning rod are not needs but could be added down the road....Bodes
I was going to order repros of the band and buttplate. As for the triggerguard, Its not a deal breaker as this will be a shooter when finished. Could eve get the chrome stripped.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have an identical stock I purchased from Poland (beech hardwood, I believe Fox makes theirs from proper beech laminate) and the cross bolt in the stock is purely cosmetic. If yours is the same as mine, it is just a threaded round piece when it should be square. You will want an actual recoil bolt if you plan on doing any shooting. Hopefully the sporter stock still has it for salvage?

I was also able to purchase the cleaning rod, rod retaining nut, front band spring, and an adjustable gas system from Frontline Militaria, a sight hood and complete spring kit from Sarco, and a front band from Waffenmeisters for my sporter rescue. All repro parts. That was earlier this week, so no word yet on the quality of these items, but I am hopeful.

@hatrick I will send you a link in PM to where these beech hardwood stocks can be purchased. They are a little thick in the wrist and handguard, but for $130 they are just the ticket for a budget shooter after a little fitting/thinning. Shipping is a bit slow from Poland, but I am very pleased with mine.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just to let you know that the bolt group and related action parts are going to set you back around $1000 if you get lucky and find them. It could take awhile so be patient. I have done enough of these builds to know that patience and luck is the key. All of the other parts that you need can be had from Frontline but they are out of stock for many things. Good luck

·
Registered
413 Posts
A shame they took out the trigger assembly. That thing is not fun to put together.
My first (only) one was much like yours, missing mag and all trigger parts. Haven't gotten a stock though as it's a dual lug.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts