Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just scored my first K43/G43 from another member on this board. It's a P Block AC44 that has been panel cut. I am supet excited to get a shooter grade K43. The good is that the bore is phenomenal and that it will shooter great. The bad is that the stock has been sporterized and same with the front band. The seller included a new stock from Poland. Do you have any idea as to when this was made in 1944? Any advice when shooting these?

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
I saw that in the listings. I have a p block as well but it differs from yours in that mine isn’t the harder to find panel-cut variant not does it have that style of bolt carrier—mine has the regular type with bolt hold open. Interesting rifle. Get yourself a shooter’s kit from Rob Apfeltor or some other source. His kit also includes the recoil springs or at least mine did. Since you can change the gas settings you can shoot what you want BUT I prefer to shoot modern non-corrosive commercial 8mm in my G43 and G41 shooters. My rifles cycle flawlessly with modern commercial PPU 196 gr SP. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Seems like you have a Type 2 rough forged receiver made by Walter at the Zella-Mehlis factory with a simplified bolt group using a type 4 bolt carrier (no hold open latch). This would put in the October to December 1944 time frame.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice. How hard is is it to find original front sight hoods or front bands?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
For shooting, you aren't going to want a front sight protector on anyways....A reproduction stock also warrants a reproduction band IMHO...The two could take a little time to find, but I believe a K98k sight protector will go on, but look a little funky...Bodes

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just scored my first K43/G43 from another member on this board. It's a P Block AC44 that has been panel cut. I am supet excited to get a shooter grade K43. The good is that the bore is phenomenal and that it will shooter great. The bad is that the stock has been sporterized and same with the front band. The seller included a new stock from Poland. Do you have any idea as to when this was made in 1944? Any advice when shooting these?
A chart I snagged from web site shows Walther blocks n, o, p, and q were produced in December, 1944.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As I fit the repo stock and have to do some sanding to get it to fit, are there any recommendations on stain or finish that should be applied to protect the raw wood? It's a beech stock, what sort of finish did the Germans use?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am in the process of fitting the reproduction stock for the K43 and am having an issue with the magazine fitting into the mag well when the trigger guard is installed in the stock. When i put the magazine in the rifle without the triggergaurd it catches fine. Has anyone experienced this before?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also when i put it back in the old stock with the trigger guard, the magazine fits without issues

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Also when i put it back in the old stock with the trigger guard, the magazine fits without issues
Is the stock in unison with the trigger guard in any way interfering with the magazine release?...The mag release has spring tension and swivels...If not in the right position, it may be in the locking (or partial locking) position...Bodes

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread but nice rifle! I almost bought this but I’m glad I didn’t because I bought a pair of K98k snipers a few days after it had sold. How does it shoot or have you gotten the kit yet? Maybe I’ll be able to score a k43 at the Tulsa show In April

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got the stock fitted finally and it looks pretty good. I also ordered the the AP Feltors shooters kit. Currently its got the lowest setting in the piston for the gas. What weight bullet do you recommend for this setting?

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.