Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the two mags I recently grabbed. Got them very reasonable in my opinion. They were both painted black, upon receiving them, it appeared to be modern poorly applied spray paint……I know I know, anyways it came off very easy. You can see why someone painted then, they have not a lot of remaining finish, but original finish is still better then paint.

I will likely sell the gcb and pouch. I just wanted an extra shooter mag when I started this. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Avx, waa204, k43. Blued. Most blue has been replaced with patina, but where it was inserted in the rifle, bluing remains. Blued floorplate and follower. Very faint EP on floorplate - 5226

Gcb, one waa above the gcb, one inline. K marked blued floor plate. Maybe 10% black paint remaining. Phosphate follower.

Pouch looks to be repro. Thin black thread and new looking leather.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Magazines were painted black over phosphate.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which mags were?

Some were blued.

Either way way this paint was not original. It was so thick it was obscuring the markings. There was a third mag in the group, aye, and the ay were totally lost to paint. Lol.

whats the going rate for a mag on rough condition?

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Which mags were?

Some were blued.

Either way way this paint was not original. It was so thick it was obscuring the markings. There was a third mag in the group, aye, and the ay were totally lost to paint. Lol.

Depending upon condition, $150.-$300.

I'm not sure your mag is phosphate or not, the mag @ 15:00 is phosphate. Your (gcb) mag looks like the one @ 20:00 hrs. to me.

HDH.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree, i do not think mine are phosphate. The one follower is phosphate. The Avx seems to be heavily worn bluing, and the gcb has traces of the old enamel paint.

those finishes seem to correspond with what's in the mag thread and others I've found online.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Which mags were?

Some were blued.

Well your the expert. I was commenting on every magazine I have had in 50 years.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
youre saying there were no blued mags at all? This is an actual question.

the paint they came with was not original regardless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.