Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a REALLY nice k31 from Classic. They really did hand pick this one. Super nice, unchewed, walnut stock. Bore is the nicest out of around 10 C&R rifles I have including some really excellent. Looks virtually unfired. Bluing is 90%. I would recommend ordering one from this batch. I ordered another a while back and this one is in a different league. B.

· Gold Bullet member
4,816 Posts
Sounds like you got a nice one. How about some pics???

· Registered
1,267 Posts
Glad to hear you received a really nice one. I'll second the request for pics. Always in the mood to see pics of nice K31's.:)

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need to take a class in picture taking. Sorry guys. It has a "55" on the tang (i think its called the tang) would that represent a refurb date of 1955? serial is 785xxx, presumably made in the 40's. My understanding is that the Swiss went to a semi auto in 1957, so I would think logically that this rifle didnt see much service between 55-57.

· Registered
1,267 Posts
I believe the dates on the tang are generally more related to a repair of some sorts, than a total rework. It took a number of years for the Stgw.57 to replace the K31's and thus they saw service well past the 1950's. Someone else will be able to give you some better time frames of phase out of the K31 than I.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.