Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried modifying (drill and tap?) the clamp on mount (not the receiver!), and added a bracket to move the scope closer to center?

I could see leaving the bracket open in the middle to aid in ejection, sort of like the rock solid ind mount.

Yes I know the offset is not that bad. I can adjust to it, but I think it would be more comfortable.

Please lend me your thoughts.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Why should it be more comfortable?
They're fine as it is. I might understand if someone has a very, very short neck or vertebra damage that does not allow them some flexibilit, But fine for 99%± of shooters.

No problem with any of these.

·
Silver Bullet member
5,568 Posts
Sir - please tell me what the scope is in your first image.

On my K31 I have three different scopes to choose from - a 2.5 Ajack, a x4 El Paso Weaver K4 and a 1.5 - 4 Hensoldt - got three clamps, y'see. Wish I had three rifles, though.

Best

tac

·
Registered
283 Posts
I don't split hairs with the milsurps. All of the above shoot under 1 inch for 5 shots with good bullets and without a "jerk"(both versions) on the trigger.
The FN49 is in 7x57.

Have others that can do the same.
44 byf with 4x Hensoldt

M10 Ross "Ranger", this one needed a bedding job to perform as it should. Not bad after 100yrs.

Quite a few other K31s too.

Most accurate, although not a milsurp: SSG PII with 12x Schmidt & Bender, somehow it can get decent group even with horrible 7.62 IVI 70's Nato military ammo, shines with match or handloads.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
very nice body of work, someday, I hope to have a similar collection. If I have any luck with moving the scope on my K31 I will let you know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts