Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that there are repro K31 bayonets out there. What are the differences and how do I avoid them. The last bayonet and scabbard I bought, came from Bern, Sw. years ago. I now understand that it is not legal to export such items any more, ie. gunparts. from Switzerland.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,427 Posts
Never seen a repro Swiss bayonet. MGS has the real deal for $67 or so, I doubt there's reason or margin to make reproductions. Swiss bayonets are extremely well-finished and polished, so a quick handy guide to spotting a reproduction would be look for typical signs of Sino-Indian manufacture- rushed and sloppy.

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
Yes V, they're being reproed. Sportsman's Guide has them I believe. I don't understand why bayonets, (like the M1) that were made in the tens of millions would be reproduced. As many Mk5 Jungle Carbine, and SVT 38/40 bayonets that I see in ebayland, they must be being reproed as well.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I understand that there are repro K31 bayonets out there.

I dont trust SG well enough to think that they only reproduced the scabbard
Is the fact, that sportsmansguide is selling the 1918 bayonet, the reason why you understand that the bayonet is being made as repro? Like Varok I have never seen or heard about a repro 1918

/Amsfelder

1 - 9 of 9 Posts