Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my k31 out to 600 yards got quite a bit of 8's , 9's and an x ring. Using sandbag with a slight wind. Pretty pleased. Friend of mine thought that I was using a scoped rifle for a couple of minutes. Impressed me and everyone else.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did you set the sight on 600 meters for those shots? The farthest I've shot my k31
is 200 yards , I shot a four inch group with a 6x scope. I was hoping to take it out this
weekend and shoot 400 yards, but I gotta work.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am still anxiously waiting to stretch all 3 of my Swiss Misses leg's that far. Sounds like some nice shooting on your end, congrats!

·
Diamond Member
516 Posts
jmeck- I shot in a state long range match this spring with a K-31 and standard GP11. At the 600 yard mark I used the 550 setting and a solid 6 o'clock hold to stay on the bull. Worked like a charm.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
My son and I shoot in a military silhouette match with box stock K31's and 1911 series Swiss rifles.

We routinely knock over Ram silhouettes @500 meters with Prvi soft point ammo.

Probably would do even better in they allowed FMJ GP11 ammo

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sights

I set my set on 500 meters and it was pretty much on target if I held at 6 o'clock the other shooter. I was really impressed on the GP11 did the trick. Super rifles. Hope to have a micrometer sight from Switzerland soon and maybe I can tune her in a little better.

·
Registered
42 Posts
1951 with clamp on 3-9 scope

Last six shots Saturday, 1978 Swiss ammo at 110 yards. I trigger pulled the two bulls eyes. Will make a 1 inch right scope adjustment on the next range trip. Just bought a Walnut 1941 last week, plan to not scope it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts