Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
10,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new K-31 is dead on for windage, but strings about a foot vertically. Any suggestions????

Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same problem with one of mine. Check the action screws. If they are loose, the recoil could be causing your barrel/action to shift between shots.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,234 Posts
My new K-31 is dead on for windage, but strings about a foot vertically. Any suggestions????

Thanks, guys!
If you called all your shots as good and if it starts stringing after the barrel gets warm usually around 6-10 rds fired within 1-2 min. heres how I cured mine from stringing. first loosen the lower HG retaining band so it moves easily but dosent slide forward torwards the muzzle, Next loosen the muzzle cap so the top strap can open completely , Cut two small strips about 1/16-3/32" wide, of heavy paper like a match book cover (You want it about as thick as a credit card) insert them one on each side between the end of stock and handguard underneath the muzzle cap strap. put Muzzle cap back as normal and just snug it tight If your action is bedded properly You should be able to wiggle the barrel at the muzzle in all directions without contact with the stock or HG If its still touching the HG add more shim If its still contacting the stock try loosening the ft. action screw and tightening the rear just a bit. Hope it helps With mine it will shoot all groups no matter how many rds into nice small Round groups.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts