Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local gunshop has a K-11 short rifle or carbine that has been on the forsale rack for 4 years. It's 150 asking price. But, the bottom metal and magazine are missing. Trigger guard and trigger/magazine plate. Numrich has none available.
Does anyone know where I might find the parts to complete this rifle?

Ken

·
Registered
657 Posts
Normally Europeans don't want to export to the USA, because of the US laws. Sometimes parts (especially magazines) are confiscated by US customs.

The whole paperwork needed is just to much for only one or two parts.

Same case with US firms: they don't want to export outside the USA because of ITAR.

If these restrictions wouldn't exist, I would surely export some to the US and make big money:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have seldom been able to find G/K 1911 magazines, just checked my saved links for a trigger guard and no dice. Does this one have four holes drilled in the receiver on the left side?
I can work around the lack of magazine, having a trigger guard would be great. And, yes it has the four holes in the left side.
Ken

·
Registered
47 Posts
I can work around the lack of magazine, having a trigger guard would be great. And, yes it has the four holes in the left side.
Ken
I have a similar one with the four holes, although it is chambered for .308. Golden State did a number of these conversions in the 1950s and 60s. The chambering may still be 7.5 Swiss or it may have been changed if the barrel was replaced. Check out the barrel the next time you see it.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Serial of the unfortunate rifle appears to be 27????, indicating initial production as Model 1896 - probably modified in service to 96/11. Presence of intact barrel boss (enlargement just forward of receiver) points to not having been commercially converted to .308 Win. by the usual method of shortening at breech end before rechambering (which removes the barrel boss).

Note that K11 and G11 trigger plate differs from 96/11 plate -

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I took a picture of the bottom, but I deemed it not good enough to post, I should have as it shows the outline of 96/11 bottom metal. Thank you Parashooter for posting that image.

Now I know what I need to look for.

Are the holes for a scope mount of some other reason??

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Today was not the time to haggle over guns, the shop was swamped with younger folks buying everything. I did confirm that the "96 is 7.7 caliber. The barrel crown looks original, so 1911 carbine? It could use a new stock though this one is serviceable. Bubba hacked it up a lot. This is beginning to look like a multi winter project.
Ken

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
. . . I did confirm that the "96 is 7.7 caliber. The barrel crown looks original, so 1911 carbine?
1. "7.7 caliber" is unlikely - more probably 7.5mm (bore and 7.8mm+.groove).
2. 1911 carbine barrel is slimmer and shorter than what your photos appear to show. Looks like truncated 96/11 barrel to me.
3. Original crown of 96/11 is a distinctive "funnel" shape lacking the outside radius common on US rifles.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oops, typo, it's 7.5x55. Curious about the short barrel and it's profile I looked at the crown, it is typical of an American commercial crown.
The stock has been significantly slimmed down and the fake pistol grip installed. There are sling swivel cuts in the butt. The stock is attractive if it weren't for the pistol grip.

The rear action screw is missing. I suppose I can find some type of make do trigger guard until an original is located.

I have not bought it , yet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oops, typo, it's 7.5x55. Curious about the short barrel and it's profile I looked at the crown, it is typical of an American commercial crown.
The stock has been significantly slimmed down and the fake pistol grip installed. There are sling swivel cuts in the butt. The stock is attractive if it weren't for the pistol grip.

The rear action screw is missing. I suppose I can find some type of make do trigger guard until an original is located.

I have not bought it , yet.
The different colored grip indicates it is a 96/11 as previously determined. The 96/11s had a pseudo pistol grip installed to the existing stock by Swiss armorers in order to match the 1911 stocks which were cut with one from the start. Nowhere on the barrel or under the rear sight did you see "CAL 308 WIN" or something to this effect?

If it did not have the four holes in the receiver I'd say it was a sporterized 96/11 long rifle in 7.5 Swiss with a cut barrel, but the Golden State models have the four receiver holes.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.