Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been over a year since I bid on a rifle. Been wanting a Kokura T-97 to round out my small collection of "keepers".
In some of the photos on the auction site the stock looks like it might have been cleaned but in others that the seller sent me I'm convinced the finish is good. Funny that the stock numbers are off. It's a real T-97 stock. I looked at another T-97, here in town, and that one had numbers in the hand guard that were off too?
Possibly an assembly number?
Looking forward to seeing it :)
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=397538760

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
Nice addition. Reputable seller also. Roberto is a great guy to deal with, and hang out with at a gunshow.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice addition. Reputable seller also. Roberto is a great guy to deal with, and hang out with at a gunshow.
In my conversations with the seller, this guy goes by the name Gene.
Thanks for the comments!

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good buy. Hey, if there are no issues, you are $1k under market value IMO.

The Kokuras are very nice. You will like it.
Those are my thoughts. Plus, it has a real Kokura scope. The optics may not be perfect but these scopes are hard to find. I have a nice leather scope case waiting for it :)

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hi arisakadogs :

Congratulations on the nice sniper. Can you email me the 97 scope maker, production serial and issue numbers. The seller must not have thought important the scope ID and the issue number is poorly photographed.
Vicasoto

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi arisakadogs :

Congratulations on the nice sniper. Can you email me the 97 scope maker, production serial and issue numbers. The seller must not have thought important the scope ID and the issue number is poorly photographed.
Vicasoto
Hi Yoda!
Yes, I'll email you with photos of all that stuff when I get it. Fixin to go get a cashier's check for it right now.
Thanks for all the comments!

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all.
Just got home from buying a cashier's check to pay for it. Was chatting with the young lady teller about gun prices and availability of ammo. Gotta love Arizona :)

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Retirement must not be that bad after all? Now you'll have all day to wait with you nose pressed up against the glass.
Retirement is great! Not having to set the alarm unless it's for something you want to do like getting up early for a gun show :)

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Give him a couple of days and he will be down at the post office helping to unload the mail trucks coming in.
I have a good friend that works at the PO. He'll probably call me when it comes in.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts