Gunboards Forums banner
121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
10,865 Posts
Good evening, folks.
I'm an okie.
Cold War US Army vet (Dix, Camp Casey, Sill)
hobbies include roses, old cars, whiskeys, music.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Man I am mundane compared to you guys...29 years as a parts guy...been doing heavy truck for the last 15. I mostly just geek out on the rare and oddball stuff that gets posted here, love learning new things. 😎

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
For 4 1/2 more years, I work in a state prison. I'm also a realtor and will continue that after retirement from the state until I get tired of working altogether.

·
Super Moderator
202 Posts
25 years as a full time professional costume designer and seamstress working on movies, theater productions, did things for Ren Faires, museums and historic reenactors. I was well known for my historic accuracy as well as perfect fit and attention to detail.

I tried to retire about 10 years ago but my reenactor and Ren Faire clients refused to let me, but I have cut back slowly over the last 5 years. Now I only accept Revolutionary War era contracts as well as the odd alterations for non reenactors.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,606 Posts
25 years as a full time professional costume designer and seamstress working on movies, theater productions, did things for Ren Faires, museums and historic reenactors. I was well known for my historic accuracy as well as perfect fit and attention to detail.

I tried to retire about 10 years ago but my reenactor and Ren Faire clients refused to let me, but I have cut back slowly over the last 5 years. Now I only accept Revolutionary War era contracts as well as the odd alterations for non reenactors.
Was just looking at an AMERICAN RIFLEMAN with a Don Troiani painting of a Revolutionary War Patriot Cavalryman - wonder what it would cost to do that in cloth? Last time we were in your part of the country we were at King's Mountain and they had some folks in period dress demonstrating the arms of the period - any idea if one of your creations might have been there?

·
Administrator
53,422 Posts

Nascar did you do these guys?

Font Tie Poster Movie Event

·
Super Moderator
202 Posts
A Dr we work with was featured on a magazine cover in his revolutionary war uniform ..could have been your work....
It would depend on where he's from. I work primarily in the southeast because I prefer to measure my clients personally. That way the clothing fits correctly. Unless it's some of the basics. Those are "fits some", "fits most" and "fits more". And yes, that's what I write on the tags...lol

·
Diamond Bullet Member and the Revered Sir Jim
48,484 Posts
US Navy Sea Bee 1966-68. Vietnam 67-68. Retired state employee. Then to college class to teach Asian Humanities as adjunct professor for ten years. Now fully retired to continued my research in cultural anthropology in South East Asian. I am 75 and back in the gym to get in shape for one more trek to South East Asia on foot. I usually go for about 5 weeks on trek. I did this in 2008, 2009, 2011, 2014, and 2017. I was going in 2020 but the Covid hit. I hope to go again in 2023. I started on Gunboards about 1989 or so. I like Mosin Nagants, but I have other stuff as well.

121 - 140 of 140 Posts