Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check this out, WW2 S & T Former Japanese Army Rifle replica Free Shipping from Japan (M4299) | eBay, just saw it on FLEBay. I don't expect it to be there long. From Japan, Type 38 with full Mum. :ist as a reproduction but the receiver ,sights and barrel are, I believe, are authentic.
kaydee
Dwight
I said it would not last long. S&T may make Airsoft but this item did not say anything about it being an AirSoft item. The receiver was a Authentic Type 38 receiver, sights and barrel. The stock and sling were the only things I saw that were reproductions. The Bolt assembly was not pictured apart. What make me think is how did Japan get a Type 38 receiver and barrel complete. Can anyone explain this????
kaydee
Dwight

·
Registered
184 Posts
That is 100% an Airsoft Replica, in fact I saw several of them in person when I was visiting Japan last year. The S&T Replica's are very convincing when you are looking at them, however when you handle them there are noticeable differences in the weight & metal used. S&T makes replica Type 38, Type 99, & Type 97 Rifles, along with a Type 96 LMG. However, there are a large number of replica guns that are not seen outside of Japan, especially ones that load replica ammunition & blank fire guns. They even sell replica 7mm Nambu, 8mm Nambu, & 9mm Revolver ammunition in some of the hobby stores. They even sell Japanese spec deactivated rifles, Chicago Regimentals is a very famous store that sells deactivated firearms in Tokyo Japan, and the have a stock of all types of WW2 Japanese firearms, including Type 38's & Type 99's with full mums: Chicago Regimentals Web Site
Both the S&T replicas and deactivated Type 38's & Type 99's for honor guards at some of the military shrines. If I recall there was a Japanese company that made an excellent replica Type 100 SMG too.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I said it would not last long. S&T may make Airsoft but this item did not say anything about it being an AirSoft item. The receiver was a Authentic Type 38 receiver, sights and barrel. The stock and sling were the only things I saw that were reproductions. The Bolt assembly was not pictured apart. What make me think is how did Japan get a Type 38 receiver and barrel complete. Can anyone explain this????
kaydee
Dwight
I believe it was pulled...I typed in "WW2 S&T Former Japanese Rifle" and checked under current and closed auctions and didn't find any thing....Bodes

Btw...From now on, if people see things on eBay they should try and post photos..That way they're there for good and people can still discuss them...Bodes

·
Registered
962 Posts

It is I nice looking replica

Don

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Not terribly surprising if you see a real gun on ebay. A 'M95 barrel with sights' sold just week or so ago. The barrel still had a perfectly good receiver attached. Though the rear sight was missing. Go figure.

·
Banned
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Nambu,
This is not the same Arisaka that was listed on Ebay. The receiver was an original (worn) and I do not recall seeing a AirSoft red tip on the barrel. I don't think there was even an image of the barrel.
I wish I had captured the images.
kaydee
Dwight

·
Registered
184 Posts
Kaydee, FYI, outside of the USA, airsoft or any replica weapons will not have any orange or red tips, since that is only required when they are imported into the USA by law. All of the hobby shops I visited in Tokyo, Kyoto, and Hiroshima had replica weapons with not a tip in sight, and to the untrained eye would all look like real firearms. There are also some airsoft collectors & reenactors in Japan who will weather their rifles to look more authentic. I personally handled a Type 14 Pistol that looked, handled, stripped, and functioned exactly like a live one, only it was a model gun. Since Japanese laws all but prohibit live firearms, their replica weapons ingenuity and craftmanship is extremely impressive. Especially the replica select fire M16's some companies have made, even ATF agents would be unable to tell the difference when looking at them!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Kaydee, FYI, outside of the USA, airsoft or any replica weapons will not have any orange or red tips, since that is only required when they are imported into the USA by law. All of the hobby shops I visited in Tokyo, Kyoto, and Hiroshima had replica weapons with not a tip in sight, and to the untrained eye would all look like real firearms. There are also some airsoft collectors & reenactors in Japan who will weather their rifles to look more authentic. I personally handled a Type 14 Pistol that looked, handled, stripped, and functioned exactly like a live one, only it was a model gun. Since Japanese laws all but prohibit live firearms, their replica weapons ingenuity and craftmanship is extremely impressive. Especially the replica select fire M16's some companies have made, even ATF agents would be unable to tell the difference when looking at them!
The Japanese company Marushin was making replica guns in the 1960's.....They were original in size and weight and would field strip just like the originals....After years of handling, they age just like the real ones, and without close inspection can be hard to decipher from the real thing...Bodes

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.