Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Hi Nabs,

Please SAVE yourself! Don't shoot it!
Sell it now!
Your chances of being INFECTED with Nagatits is about 85% or MORE!
I have a terminal case of this DREADED illness & have a safe full of various years & manufactures to prove it!

I stupidly thought, I could have a full set of sideplate markings a low cost!
Thanks to the more advanced collectors here, I now see it as a bad dream at best.

I wake up SCREAMIING at the thought of some other collector getting a splendid example of a Nagant revolver sideplate marking that I don't have & can NEVER afford!

SAVE yourself NOW!

Best,
point6

PS please read the old posts. If your trigger is real heavy, there are ways to clean up & lighten the trigger pull on your revolver.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It certainly is an attractive little revolver. The double action pull is not bad, feels very similar to some police revolvers I handled a year or two ago.

Anyone know the serial number range for Tula in 1945 ? I would be interested in seeing when mine was made.

Also, since this is the first hand gun that I have owned that came with all the goodies, where exactly does the lanyard cord fix to ? A friend of mine said it could be fixed to either your belt or your neck tie but I just wanted to confirm.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Hi Nabs,

Depending on the lanyard , some were worn around your neck or attached to your gun belt, shoulder strap or wrist.

It's main function was just a method to not lose it on horseback or during attack or retreat when you were hitting the ground quickly to evade enemy action.
One of the members here has neat double shoulder holster set-up, that he copyed from the hero in the two Mummy movies!

Best,
point6

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting, thank you for the description of the lanyard cord, I never really gave it much thought until I got this Nagant package.

Looking at the width of the leather loop at the end of the cord, it seems like it would fit an epaulet on your shoulder pretty well.

I noticed the stickied thread on this board that showcases the different nagant patterns and accessories with pictures doesn't seem to have the pictures anymore, is my holster post war made ? If so, roughly what period would this have been done ?

Also, does anyone know of a serial number listing somewhere by year to give me a rough idea when this particular one was made ? I would be very much interested in knowing if she was made during WW2 or just afterwards.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
There are no serial number listings because the Soviets used random two character prefixes to hide the numbers of weapons being produced in any given year after 1938. The date of manufacture is on the side plate - 1945.
Your holster and lanyard are way post war - like 1960's or later and all lanyards after 1922 were belt attached.
Joe
BTW, I will try to get the stickies replaced, but it takes a lot of time.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Joe. There are some light signs of usage on this Nagant before she was put into storage (i.e. she has been fired before and there is some very light pitting in some areas on the frame as well as some very light loss of bluing). Makes me wonder if she was on a soldier's belt during the final attack on Berlin before being refurbished.

All in all, a beautiful hand gun, well balanced too.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,979 Posts
Thanks, Joe. There are some light signs of usage on this Nagant before she was put into storage (i.e. she has been fired before and there is some very light pitting in some areas on the frame as well as some very light loss of bluing). Makes me wonder if she was on a soldier's belt during the final attack on Berlin before being refurbished.

All in all, a beautiful hand gun, well balanced too.

well theres only a 50% chance that it was even made before the end of the european war.

but they are very nice little pistols for the price. till you see the price of ammo for em lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Now to "save money" you are going to want to buy a reloading press, dies, a melting pot, molds, tire weights, 32-20 brass, powder, and primers. Not to mention you might "need" a spare recoil plate to buff down a little if the rims of your brass hang things up a bit. After that you will be able to shoot the thing for almost nothing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.