Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
8,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They were exported through Tula, not Molot-here's a detail pic of the export mark I stole from another member's picture:

The ATI rifles from a couple of years ago also came through Tula.

·
Registered
19,259 Posts
Set aside the archaeology of import marks , Royal Tiger is saying this is the last batch of PU snipers in the world. Now if that don't start a panic..... nothing will !

Stop the Presses: Now RT is saying " Possibly the last " in the world. We have been saved.. its not the end of the world as we know it.

RT Emails: Inside 15 minutes, they have saved the PU sniper world , not even Clark Kent, Tucco or VIC works that fast.

Time for beer, RT is covering our "6"

·
Gold Bullet member
13,893 Posts
I would like to see more detailed pictures of this batch. Tula export marked guns have typically been way more heavily refurbed, and to a higher quality level IMO, than many of the Molot guns. On the ATI guns the quality was, on average, better than the Molots. I do not recall a single bore complaint on an ATIs but Molot had a few. On the Tula refurbished K98s, they were stamped to renumber the bolts and many other parts. Fit and finish was higher than the average RC K98. They also looked more fresh. Interesting. I am now more curious. Good observation Caleb.

·
Gold Bullet Member
8,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would like to see more detailed pictures of this batch. Tula export marked guns have typically been way more heavily refurbed, and to a higher quality level IMO, than many of the Molot guns. On the ATI guns the quality was, on average, better than the Molots. I do not recall a single bore complaint on an ATIs but Molot had a few. On the Tula refurbished K98s, they were stamped to renumber the bolts and many other parts. Fit and finish was higher than the average RC K98. They also looked more fresh. Interesting. I am now more curious. Good observation Caleb.
Only extensive set of pics from this batch I've seen so far was the ones member lowcountrygarand linked on this thread which is where I stole the pic in my OP:

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?354632-Classic-has-pu-s-699

·
Gold Bullet member
13,893 Posts
Thanks Caleb. I can not make out the serial number prefix. There is no scope number on the shank but it does look like one was once there. The stock cut out for the base is a bit fresh looking. I do not do well with that photo hosting site though. Interesting. I hope to see more rifles from this batch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.