Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me about this one guys. Not the greatest pictures, I know. Have not gotten it home yet. From what I can tell, It has been Finned, and seems like a shorter rifle.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, I found a nice one....... Don't think I can keep it though, it has a tiny import stamp, hate those things.............. Guessing it is worth more than the 80.00 I paid at the pawn shop.

·
Diamond Member
4,293 Posts
Cool, I found a nice one....... Don't think I can keep it though, it has a tiny import stamp, hate those things.............. Guessing it is worth more than the 80.00 I paid at the pawn shop.
Grrrrrr

:)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
That is an excellent find. It took me years of searching to find one locally. While other models of Mosins were imported before the 1968 convention, the M28/30 was still in reserve in Finland. These weren't imported until the late 80's and early 90's and aside from maybe a few individual imports, they all were import marked. If you're hoping to find one without import marks you'll be looking for a long time. If you absolutely can't own a firearm that has an import mark then you might as well sell or trade it to a Finn collector.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.