Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
Congratulations! You'll love your M1!

I got my DCM M1 Garand back in 90 or maybe 91 for just $165, of which 94 dollars was the actual "unit cost." Mine was a service grade. Came with a dogged-out rough looking stock, but the barrel is from June 1965. Rebuilt at Red River Army Depot in Texas.

My spouse bought a CMP "Bavarian" carbine. She got an October 1943 Inland with an early IBM round bolt. They shipped it so it came in on Veterans Day! How cool is that?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered a Service grade. Feeding it .... I may only have 20 rounds of LC FN and greek ammo in the bottom of my M2 cans. But I do have about 1400 rounds of brass to work with. just need to work out my load. I have a good Idea what I want to start with.

Anticipation and being home to sign for it.

Dave you were ahead of the curve. My dad saids he should have bought a crate of em when he could get them for about $100 Per crate that is. Some " FRIEND" of his told him not to becouse they were covered in this nasty cosmline, and it isnt worth cleaning them.

Where do you find enblock clips that dont cost $2.00 a piece.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got a July 54 H and R with date matching barrel. It also has an HandR trigger group. SA bolt though. I realy beefy walnut stock came with it. From CMP it scores a muzzle reading of 2 and a throat erosion of 3. She is a dirty one. some good cleaning is in order. I have a CMP match in the AM. i will see about getting some pictures up tonight.

·
Registered
293 Posts
As I understand it, A.E.C. was the last gov't supplier and would already have the tooling. Why not put out what's needed for the CMP and private market. Many of the foreign produced clips can be a crapshoot at best.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.