Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Copper Bullet Member
1,387 Posts
Commercial Type 59 that came out of Canada most likely. Nice Chinese Makarov at a really nice price. I reminds me of buying popcorn and a soft drink at a movie theater concession. That kind of nice. We need to get Cameron to chime in on this. Regards, ABTOMAT

·
Platinum Bullet Member
789 Posts
I saw this auction. Very nice example of a ZZ series pistol without import mark. Only thing that would have made it better is if it came with its original box. These pistols were exported to Canada and some to Germany so they are quite rare in the U.S. The selling price was generally commensurate with the scarcity of the piece.

·
Registered
33 Posts
No import mark is rarified air.
North Bender Hi.
I respect your opinion but kind of disagree with you on this one.
To me ,ZZ without import mark is hard to find and
important piece in a collection.
I might be wrong , so correct me if i am, but for me it goes like this.
1. SHI
2. ZZ in triangle
3. ZZ without import mark
4. ZZ with import
5 .380
6 Prefix A and B
Again guys, if I'm off , please correct me. I'm here to learn.
Thanks.

·
Administrator
8,035 Posts
"Rarified air" was meant to convey that without an import mark, the gun is obviously rare, hard to find, and of course worth more. Maybe my lingo needs adjusting.

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Just because it's not import marked does not mean it came into Canada. The importer could have missed marking it, it happens quiet often. It's still a commercial Chinese Mak, I agree with Cameron on the box but to me it's a 6-700$ gun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.