Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Empress of the Underworld and Diamond Bullet Membe
40,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my IO STG-2000-C Romanian AK:

http://www.ioinc.us/gunsandammoart.pdf

It came yesterday so I haven't been out to shoot it yet. Probably will this weekend if weather permits.

It has the scope mount on the side but no scope. What scope would ya'll recommend? The one in the attached link didn't get the best reviews.

·
Banned
5,986 Posts
I just received my IO STG-2000-C Romanian AK:

http://www.ioinc.us/gunsandammoart.pdf

It came yesterday so I haven't been out to shoot it yet. Probably will this weekend if weather permits.

It has the scope mount on the side but no scope. What scope would ya'll recommend? The one in the attached link didn't get the best reviews.

Nice rifle. Plenty of scope options.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
895 Posts
If you want to stay in keeping with the Russian/Eastern European motif then the Kobra looks to be the way to go. http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/kobra1.html. A cursory glance seems to show they fall in the $250-$300 range, but you may be able to find one cheaper on eBay or Gunbroker. Someone has made the joke that a scope on a Kalashnikov is as useful as a screen door on a submarine but I think a good red-dot would complement your rifle.

Be sure to let us know how it shoots, I was very close to buying one of these this summer myself and still haven't been able to shake the itch.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,405 Posts
TBH its an AK, not an AR.
Dont put a scope on it. 1.(to me anyways) scopes look ugly on AKs. 2. Its not meant to have great accuracy past 300. 3. It just doesnt need one, the sights work perfectly good already.

Its more of a personal preference but most people do not like to put a scope on their AK.

Congrats on the new rifle.

G

·
I used to frown at scopes .But then as my eyes get wose, as I get older .I am appreciating them much more . I have scoped a few AK's and actualy shoot them more now . I just went to the range today with a 91/30 PU sniper copy ,A scoped ak74 ,A scoped yugo m70 , a type 49 persian mauser camel carbine and the scoped tabuk sniper .the only rifle with out a scope was the mauser. Some ak's are quite accurate .the tabuk sniper can print a 1" 3 shot group at100 .The m70 can print a 2inch at 100 .but without scopes .i could never do it with my eyes.

·
Empress of the Underworld and Diamond Bullet Membe
40,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are some pics I took of the new rifle after changing out the stock. Please take a look at the scope mount on the side. Any idea what specific scopes would mount right up to this?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
9,359 Posts
Congrats!!!! I remember you saying you were gonna get one and you went and got a nice one ;) Enjoy it...... Craig

·
Silver Bullet member
12,927 Posts
looks like a standard side scope mount for an AK to me. get the mount that is made in russia.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Sorry for the hijack, but what flavor of sling is on your folder?? I have one of those and can't recall what it came with or where I got it.

I recommend a Kobra red dot sight
for fast target acquisition.
:)

·
Silver Bullet member
12,927 Posts
that thing looks naked without the bayonet...... :D. just kidding. looks great, love that cobra on it too.

G

·
Any of the russian style optics will work .Kalinka optics website is a good start. For shooting at the range i like the 8x42.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts