Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share some pics. I was looking for as original a gun as I could get ( afford) - I have a AA arsenal rebuild 1911, still original configuration but refinished. This one appears to be pretty much untouched - hammer looks a little "odd colored" bore is nice, barrel appears to be original period to the gun SN with only a "P" on top.

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
That is a pretty darn nice WWI Colt. I have one that was probably made within a week or so of yours. Does it still have the original HP barrel?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a pretty darn nice WWI Colt. I have one that was probably made within a week or so of yours. Does it still have the original HP barrel?
yes, surprisingly it does. I have fired it and it is accurate too- I used to have a govt issued 45 and those were not.....

·
Registered
820 Posts
That is a really nice "black army" Colt!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Colts like this never lose their eye appeal! Great collectible firearms full of history. Nice you got to shoot it some too.

·
Registered
476 Posts
That is a really nice "black army" Colt!
Actually the finish on my Colt predates the black army finish by a few months. Both the OP's and my gun have what is called the "brushed blue" finish. The black army finish is so fragile that it seems like it will flake off without being handled.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
I have a 1917 issue with the brushed blue finish and a 1918 with what was once the black finish but now is mostly worn off, Obviously my WWI pistols had different wartime experiences with one surviving to this date with most of its finish intact and the second SA Korean War bring back unmodified pistol exhibiting great wear And a heavily pitted bore from corrosive ammo, still shoots good enough to go back to the next war.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts