Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,096 Posts
Pics!
Who did you buy 'em from and how do they look (after you dig them out of the cosmo)?
These early Chinese SKSs out of Albania are very exciting finds, some great condition, some beat, but all very interesting historic rifles and at excellent prices.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I got one clean enough to handle. My pics are on a mobile device. I will work on getting the first one up tonight.

I got them from Our awsome board sponser Classic Arms!!!!!! All 4 seem to be all matching. 3 have heavy trench art with dates on 2. The one with no art has a spongy stock.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,096 Posts
The "spongy stock" one might be a candidate for restocking (saving the original stock.)

I put one of my Albanian/Chinese in a Chinese-made red phenolic "jungle stock" with great results. You need to be sure the stock replacement is made for a blade bayonet. Sad to report, these cool looking red-orange stocks have apparently got no documented combat use or real PLA issue, hence no "jungle", but they are really great replacement stocks if you can find a good one. Otherwise, wood stocks are everywhere, but get an early-style one.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'd love to see what you got as well! (Letter series, ghost, six digit /26\, 2 mil /26\, 3 mil /26\, Russian!?) You can't drop a little hint like that and then not post and pictures! :(

Did anyone at Classic happen to tell you how many they have left? Aim has been out for a while. It seems that Atlantic is now out. RTI is out of gunsmith specials and their website now shows 20 ea. $319 versions left. I'm wondering if the supply is finally starting to fall off and the end is approaching?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

The cosmolined up one is factory 26 soggy stock all matching. I will get a serial # up later.
the Ghost has a different shape bolt handle, gas block, stock, Bayonet, and different font on the real sight leaf. it is Ser # 66581. No letter. the bolt has a Chrilic A on top and a H infront of the charging handle. there is also a couple of circle stock proofs on the stock below the pistol grip infront of the rear swivel. I beleive I have some russian parts??? I will get more up as soon as I can.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
E3818 factory 26 More to come. It saids PRADA 1974 HXR on the left side. This is the best rifle of the 4!!!! It has 50% blue. scuffs, stock graffiti. The best part is, Its all matching, and the internals are all like NEW. Tight gun little to no wear inside the rifle.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Front to back on both sides graffiti!!!!!!! 1994 carved into the wrist on the left. F5597 factory 26. all matching. Cool spring swivels. This one realy got me exited!!!!! the stock is nice and red! this gun was carryed a lot! it has some minor surface rust. the dust cover and bolt ar so shiny and worn that it almost looks chromed from a sertain angle!!!!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where the bolt handle comes into the carrier. the profile and radius at the root of the charging handle are different from the factory 26 bolts. Also the there are only 6 knurls wide as the factory 26 are 8 knurls wide.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.