Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took my new m48 out to shoot Saturday (along with my k98 and a bunch of handguns), and all I shot of it was pictures (after shooting 5 handguns and knowing I'd have to clean them, I didn't feel like cleaning rifles, too). I picked this up in trade recently, and one day I'll get around to shooting it instead of just admiring it :)

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,384 Posts
Very nice color in that stock!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to try again this Saturday. I won't take any handguns so I should be able to get around to shooting it :)

·
Gold Bullet member
4,804 Posts
I love my 48's. Hopefully yours will be just as satisfying...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ya gotta love those M48's I got one of the unissued M48bo's from IO about 3 years ago wraped in paper and cosmo and it's my favorite.

·
Registered
682 Posts
B-e-autiful rifles, very nice :)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got back from the range, and it is a shooter! I shot 10 rounds of Turk surplus, and when I looked at the target, I had to take it down and keep it. Within a 3" spread, there are 3 groups of 2 shots touching, two more that almost touch, and then two separate from the others. To say I'm happy is an understatement :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I haven't shot either of my 24/47s yet, but so far I think the M48 is my favorite...I kind of like the "chunky" stock as opposed to the more slender K98k stock.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,539 Posts
Beautiful rifle Ab4ka! You've made some great acquisitions since coming over to the dark side!!!
:)

T

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I love it when a plan comes together!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Isn't is just the most satisfying thing when a new rifle turns out to be so good? Congrats!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Isn't is just the most satisfying thing when a new rifle turns out to be so good? Congrats!
Absolutely! Having them hang on the wall is one thing, but I like to shoot my rifles, and there's nothing like a rifle that looks good AND shoots good. Thanks to RiG for hooking me up!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts