Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Diamond Member with Oak leaves and Swords
Joined
·
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was taking some pics and decided to take a couple of baby pics. The first is my SA marked 1929 Izhevsk Dragoon (pawnshop at a steal) and the second is my 1940 28/30 that I had to wait at a glassware auction for 6 hrs. to bid on($85). It had been stripped to the Arctic Birch finish and polyd. I researched and made my Pine tar mix as close as I could get it. Hope you enjoy and Merry Xmas to all! John
 

· Diamond Member with Oak leaves and Swords
Joined
·
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I went to an auction a couple of weeks before this one and lost out on a Kovrov SVT-40 . I went loaded for bear to this one.
 

· Diamond Member with Oak leaves and Swords
Joined
·
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The best way I found to strip the poly was to take a plumbers torch and heat it up and then I took a piece of old towel and laid it on it and let the cotton absorb the poly. I did that for what seemed like forever and then used citristrip to remove the remaining poly. I figure I had about 12-14 hrs. just in removing that crap. The Dragoon was marked "Rushan" and $100. Ya' gotta love those pawnshop guys. I cleaned the bore as it was real cruddy and eventually over the past several years have managed to find the bottom of the buildup. When I first slugged it is was .306-.307 and now is .311. Darned accurate now!
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top