Gunboards Forums banner

Just a comment.

1K views 31 replies 22 participants last post by  mike radford 
#1 ·
It seems that this site is becoming a fart in the wind. less posting overall & alot of junk. But I will try to keep an open mind. What happened???

#12 ·
The old format was functional and faster to use. New format is not an advancement in either of those aspects. Some that I talk to think things will recover and more activity will resume. Two moderators kinda in denial there is a drop in postings so I guess denial is alive and well.

Time will tell but the problem with time is , people won't waste it on a PITA
forum site.

But dye is cast so press on .

#13 ·
The old format was functional and faster to use. New format is not an advancement in either of those aspects. Some that I talk to think things will recover and more activity will resume. Two moderators kinda in denial there is a drop in postings so I guess denial is alive and well.

Time will tell but the problem with time is , people won't waste it on a PITA
forum site.

But dye is cast so press on .
New format is overwhelming when browsing on phone. Hard to not accidentally press any of the adds popping up and scroll in suggestion to sign in with facebook or google is annoying as hell...
Well, someone has to pay for site running, so it is what it is...I don't think we will ever see old format back...

#14 ·
I remember when Gunbroker/Armslist changed formats ..... I hated it..... Now I don’t even notice. It will be the same with this Forum ..... it’s not the Forum that makes this a great place, it’s the People here......
things might be a touch slower, probably because people aren’t buying as many collectables at the moment due to funds/covid/shutdowns etc......everyone is currently in the market for ARs/AKs/handguns..........

#19 ·
I remember when Gunbroker/Armslist changed formats ..... I hated it..... Now I don’t even notice. It will be the same with this Forum ..... it’s not the Forum that makes this a great place, it’s the People here......
things might be a touch slower, probably because people aren’t buying as many collectables at the moment due to funds/covid/shutdowns etc......everyone is currently in the market for ARs/AKs/handguns..........
C&R rifles and pistols are my passion, but I like some of the newer stuff to, I collect EVERYTHING I guess. Today I picked up a CZ-Scorpion EVO 3 S1 in VERY slightly used condition. It's got an SB Tactical folding brace on it. 4 2-round mags through it on the way home and I'm VERY pleased with it.

Tomorrow I'm going to look at a Peruvian Mauser short rifle. I'll probably buy it too if the condition and price are right.

I need a bigger house.

#25 · (Edited)
Forums are for old dudes. Everyone is on anti gun facebook or apps.

This slow death has been going on for about the past 6-8 years sadly. There's plenty of young collectors out there, we can thank video games and movies for that, they just do not end up on forums.

Personally I found facebook to be drama filled and secondly the ever changing gun rules they had on there were like dog hoops, I got tired of jumping through them and fighting to have groups they closed to be allowed back on. Left three years ago, still feel that was a great decision.

#26 ·
It is a bit of a pita on a phone, particularly for an old fart like me but I am not wed to my cell like so many are anymore. I still like to sit down at a computer and use things that way. I think the drop in postings is related to the drop in available examples that people want to show off. I miss the new purchases. Hell, I am happy when someone shows off an older acquisition that has not been exhibited for a while. Post them up guys. Putting photos up is so easy on this format that it is sinful. I had used this over on the Marlin Owners forum for a while and I am perfectly happy with it. Of course, again, that is on a computer screen, not some dinky little cell phone screen. Ya know, those damn things were always meant to be nothing more than a telephone. Now everyone coughs up a hundred bucks a month for gimmicks and gadgets and makes 8 phone calls a month. Sit down at the computer, pour two fingers of fine bourbon or scotch and relax and peruse the forum. You might actually like it.

#27 ·
Funny, I get a new flip phone every time my wife gets a new phone. ( she says I need one)
I make one call on it to my wife when I get it.
Then put it in my tool box. Charge it up once a year just in case.
I never use it or carry it. No use for it.

I do troll the gun sites on my computer.
24" screen for my old eyes. ( I know they make them bigger, but this is just fine.)
I came back to this site a few months ago (before the change) and I am learning how to use it and my new camera.
I think it is just fine and I like the format.
I am one of the old farts (3/4 of a century hanging around)
Have a nice day!
RON

#32 ·
Gary, who says RCs are not interesting? That on has been around the block, what history.

Agree on the flip phone thing, still use one, have 2 smart a phones and hardly ever use them. I need the big screen normally and one of those pen like things if I use a smart phone.

I have some stuff I need to post but this Shingles thing is dragging me down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.