Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old model B I bought in really crappy shape 4 yrs ago or so. Since it was in such bad shape, I decided to use it for a project I had in the back of my mind for a while. In pulp fiction, Sam Jackson used a model b for his "mr 9mm" pistol he carried throughout the movie. I had it hard chromed and put some fake ivory grips on it, and now it looks like his. In the condition it was in, I didn't ruin any collectors value. I have to Appraise it for insurance or future sale, whic will probably not happen. Any ideas what to say it is worth?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Not to qwibble, but it looks like fake pearl, not ivory, but it looks like a fun personal project. As far as worth goes, well practical worth is probably what any other Star shooter is worth, it does shoot? Other than that, put a price on it that it is worth to you, to replace it should some disaster occur. This is basically what I had ot do with my 1975 Trans Am. Blue Book is basically zip, but to replace in the shape it is in, well that is another story.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It shoots great. I had to get a new mag from star on the boards, since the hard chrome guy did the mag I had and it binds up now. "Only a pimp you have a pearl handled pistol". Patton. On the grips, I ordered the closest thing from the movie I could find.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello.

Where did you find these grips ? I have a nickle plated 9mm Star B Super and want to add a set of pearl grips for the Jules Mr. 9mm look.

Thanks.

Randy.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I bought them on these boards from someone who was making different Types of grips. I bought a prior set on eBay. Maybe 4 yrs ago. I don't remember who but they were making cz52 grips as well. These turned out much better than the cz ones. The ebay ones were pretty good too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.