Gunboards Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,185 Posts
Dear Members,

This permanent thread has been added at the request of many of our regular Forum members who expressed the desire to have this information readily available via a sticky rather than to have the individual threads lurking about in the back pages of the archives. My sincerest apologies for my absence as of late, however my regular work and travel schedule has increased dramatically with the addition of four new projects in three different countries. I would like to thank Tuco and Vic for their understanding as well as Bayonetcollector for their efforts in dragging a huge amount of information from the old boards, through the short term disaster boards to this new format, which looks to be excellent! Thank you Gents for your understanding regarding the recent changes in my life that have precluded me from contributing to Gunboards as of late. I hope the situation changes for the better sometime soon.

I have decided that this time around, I am going to eliminate the past sections of this thread that included "old presentations". Instead, I am going to post two different sections, one based on the set up photographs taken in my studio versus those that were taken in the Museum. As I increase the number of studio photos of each new display (or old display that was never shot in the studio setting before), I will gradually eliminate the old photos taken in the Museum.

In order to keep this section clean and from becoming longer than War and Peace, it will remain locked. Each new presentation will be posted in the regular section of the Forum and will be open for questions, commentary and corrections. A permanent copy of any new displays will be added to this section. This is an experimental format, which will be subject to change based on input from Forum members combined with whether or not it works well from a practical standpoint with the new format.

Presentations which have been lost over the years due to server changes and the like, will eventually be repeated. If there are any members out there who had the foresight to have copied those presentations are to be commended. This time around, I am not going to ask for copies. I have saved a lot of the recent additions as Word documents and can cut and paste the written portions as required. Everything else that was lost will require a "new start".

Thank you one and all for your contributions and ongoing support. We have a truly remarkable group here at Gunboards and each and every one of you are to be commended for your efforts in furthering the understanding and enjoyment of our mutual hobby! While I would love to say that "I am back", my visits for now will be extremely limited due to my travel and business schedules. I'll pop in when I can which will be irregular at best for at least the next several months.

Any and ALL mistakes are my own! The buck stops here (specially since the Girls are grown and I no longer pay Child Support!)Thanks again! Enjoy!

Warmest regards,

JPS

I'll post some general photos from the collection ahead of the full length presentations. These will be easier to access since it takes quite a while for this entire thread to load with all of the photos.

I hope you enjoy these displays.

Warmest regards,

JPS

NOTE: Every item photographed for this thread is the property of the John P. Sheehan Collection. The photos are also the property of the author and may not be reproduced or used for any purpose without my prior consent. In the event that anyone out there would like to use any of these photos, please contact me in advance. I will be happy to allow the use of any of these photos provided that the John P. Sheehan Collection is properly credited. I can be reached at any time via the Gunboards Forum email system. Just double click on my initial to the left of any of my posts and you will be able to send me an email.

Thank you for your consideration regarding this request! It has taken over 20 years, countless hours of research and a very large investment to acquire all of the items in the collection. Please respect my request and contact me BEFORE using any photos.

In the meantime..........ENJOY!

Warmest regards,

JPS

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.