Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I'll admit I picked up this rifle at auction with not much knowledge of Norwegian k98s. Personally, this is the only one I've seen for sale, so I didn't wanna miss out and not bid. It is all matching with original German numbers besides bolt. Rechambered in 30-06 post-war and Coastal Artillery unit marked

How many of these rifles made it over to the United States? They seem fairly rare over here, especially non Haer (army) unit marked rifles. What seems to be the approximate value of a rifle like this?

Please feel free to add any additional information! Thanks

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
i have one used by the army and its in very good condition with a ex bore and its one of the best shooting milsurps i own. i shoot the same reloads i shoot in my m1 garands. i paid 600.00 for it maybe 4-5 years ago. its the only one i had a chance to buy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I too have a Haer version. It’s a beautifully finished rifle and I’ve never come across another in person in my neck of the woods. I believe the army marked are the most common. I didn’t k ow there was a coastal artillery version. I was always under the impression that the FLY (air force) was the most rare. What a find!

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Don't know how many got imported to the US, but don't think huge numbers of them. These usually seemed to be refurbished in a way that the original matching stock, bands etc. usually got kept with the same rifle. Not typical for most post war reworks. I would value these a fair amount above what the RC refurbs go for. That's just me though!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I used to own this K98kF1 (147 1940) which was the more common HAER army marked. Oddly mine had its original bolt, but had the usual mismatched sight base and barrel bands which is how most of the 30-06 conversions ended up when they were re-barreled in the early 50's. It was in lovely condition, but due to a shoulder injury sustained many years ago, I found the extra recoil with the 30-06 to be just too uncomfortable for my injured shoulder, so, after a year or so, I traded it in to a dealer for another Norwegian capture K98, but this time a Norwegian Navy marked K98k, so still in its original 7.92x57, as the Navy kept all their K98k's in original calibre.
Musical instrument Wood Everyday carry Musical instrument accessory Hardwood
Natural material Office equipment Gun accessory Rectangle Gas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts