Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are going to the CSP L-E Forum, better have your best virus protection and firewall up and running.
Clicked off the site after a short glancing visit ten minutes ago and got hit with an endless loop of "Blank Page" tabs loading into IE7.
Somebody has poisoned the well, so to speak.

The operating system for the place is over ten years old and has to be on every spambot website in the world---now it's infected with something worse.
Of couirse if you aren't using IE7, you're probably safe.
Running Spybot S&D right now and have dumped all the temporary files---hope I didn't catch anything.
-----krinko

· Platinum Bullet Member
7,623 Posts

· Platinum Bullet Member
4,628 Posts
...and to think, people say I am strange because I want to use Netscape, Firefox or Opera, or ANYTHING that is not Internet Exploder.
Not me...I've been using Firefox for a couple of years now. I have no intention of ever going back.

· Gold Bullet member
378 Posts
Thanks for the heads up .... :)

I'm running IE 6.0 rev 2900 and so far haven't had a problem. I had been thinking about upgrading to IE 7, but I've heard nothing but ugly things from folks who have.

Maybe it's time I use another browser, or switch to an iMac like my wife did. She loves the Apple OSX operating system and never experiences the aggravations she used to under Windows XP. :D

Regards,
Badger

· Registered
122 Posts
Yeah

Had that issue a little while back.

Not something that a virus scanner or firewall fixed, and didn't do anything else (and I was using logging to check)

Seems to be a java or internet based glitch with explorer, as each successive tabbed window never loaded. Only started when I tried to open a tabbed browsing window, so stopped doing that on Jouster and adjusted the popup options and it stopped it...

Cheers, happy new year

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.