Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently talked about my Johnson and i just wanted to give some pictures and get some more advice on possibly how much it might be worth. If I do sell it i would like to get $4000-$5000. If i can get close to that i would take it but i also would not mind just keeping it and putting it in my safe. Sorry about the bad pictures, I dont have the best camera in the world. Even though it does not look like it the writting on the top of the gun is very clear and the cranston arms logo is also very clear. Thanks for looking. -jake

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Nice rifle, wished mine was so nice, do you have a close up picture of the left hand side of the rifle near the magazine and rear buttstock joining areas, is there an access hole for a removeable pin to be pushed through to the other side? pictured area below.

On my sporter, any access pin is covered up by wood, and I see there the pin on handguard near the loading area has a kind of pin that may be readily removeable on yours, not my sporter.. My problem is I can't figure out how to get the entire buttstock and trigger mechanism apart, if there is a pin to push out for the buttstock, it is definitely covered up by sporter wood on the left side.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i do have a little pin type thing but i have not touched it because i dont want to screw anything up.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Very nice!!!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I don't have a Johnson, but anytime someone says "complicated disassembly" I remember my take the broomhandle mauser apart, completely apart memory. Was a bear to put back together....

·
Gold Bullet member
1,220 Posts
I see yours is missing the lug but everything else seems to be untouched. Was anything else
"sporterized" on it? Also,n I can't tell from the photo, does the front sight still have the "ears" intact? I'm attaching a photo of mine to compare with.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it looks like the sight is different. nothing else looks like it has been touched. how much in this condition do you think it is worth? thanks for looking.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,220 Posts
I hate to try to give prices as I feel anything is only worth what you can get someone to pay. I know that I have seen some recently at auction that went for $7000. Another board member got a sporterized Johnson recently for $1500. Post is on this page with photos. I saw one localy in very good "un-messed with" condition with bayonet and scabbard for sale for $4000. So, at auction with the right people interested and with money at the time you get more, local is a crap shoot. Toss it out on the boards with a price / OBO if you want to sell it. Good luck.

As a side note, on the front sight, it could be missing the ears due to the sporterizing or because the Marines often removed the ears to keep them from hanging on stuff. Just a side note in Canfield's book. If you get the book you will never get rid of the Johnson.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I recently talked about my Johnson and i just wanted to give some pictures and get some more advice on possibly how much it might be worth. If I do sell it i would like to get $4000-$5000. If i can get close to that i would take it but i also would not mind just keeping it and putting it in my safe. Sorry about the bad pictures, I dont have the best camera in the world. Even though it does not look like it the writting on the top of the gun is very clear and the cranston arms logo is also very clear. Thanks for looking. -jake
There is a Johnson Rifle Forum too:

http://johnsonautomatics.com/messageboard/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts