Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never owned a T-99 with no dust cover grooves and it is big deal for me to finally get one.I have owned 2 Jinsen T-99 with early features and a friend of mine was thinning out his collection and I was able to buy this.It is ground but I don't care. The SN's are very hard to read.Is the circle stamped on the side of the stock by the tang the "Emergency wartime"Proof?

Attachments

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is also a very small proof on the side of receiver where the dust cover groove may have started if it had them,I could not get a close picture of it and have not seen it before on other T-99 rifles I have had and not on my other Jinsen arsenal produced rifles.Is it just another inspector marking and nothing special?

·
Silver Bullet member
15,720 Posts
Inspection looks like that, an inspection mark. Now I'll have to look at others!

60,094 is the earliest serial reported without DC grooves, just FYI.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,281 Posts
Is it the one left of the vent hole ? If it is, it's the inspection mark 特 (Toku) and it literally means "special", as in approved under special war-time inspection protocols.
First time I've seen that mark in that location. I've seen it further back near the receiver bridge.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Can we see a picture of the end of the barrel at the muzzle. It looks like more than the normal amount of barrel is exposed in front of the front sight base.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More pictures of Front sight

Here are more pictures,The other T-99 is a Nagoya I have just added in picture to compare with the Jinsen.I think my camera and angle of picture distorted the Image

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.