Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need some advice on the value of a Jarman rifle.
The rifle is a model 1883 and made by Carl Gustav in Sweden. What I found out is that it is one of the 1500 experimental rifles before the model 1884. The barrel is about 97% blue and the inside is bright and shiny. Mechanically the gun is excellent. The down side of this gun is that the stock is cracked severely, which is hold together with screws and nails. No glue has been used. If you take the screws and nails out the stock will be in 2 parts. Some wood is also missing. I think the stock is repairable. Also somebody put a wrench on the barrel and tried to take it of. Marks are visible on the barrel. This is the only spot where the blue is worn of. I added some pictures, but will make some extra the coming days.
I got someone who is interested in the gun, but what is an acceptable price?

Thanks in advance.

Fritz
www.weiss-trading.com

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
8,710 Posts
Jarman price ????

Any Jarman rifle is RARE , but seldom seen for sale . So , there is not much info to judge a price on your rifle . I suspect in the thousands of dollars , but I doubt that anyone will pay that kind of money for a rifle with busted stock . Put it on auction and see what the market will bring .

·
Registered
373 Posts
I agree with Tom. You may find a market with European buyers. Post a lot of good pics. Since so few were made, an anxious buyer may jump on it and/or someone who also has a rifle with condition issues that is looking to mate it up with parts to create one good example. I sold one a little over a year ago and it took me a looooong time to find that buyer. So if you have someone interested work with them on a fair price. I think the $600 Tom mentioned is about right for this example. You never know what an auction site will bring but then again you risk losing the buyer you have now.

Bests,
RP

·
Registered
373 Posts
You did very well...congrats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts