Gunboards Forums banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I recently acquired a Beretta marked Type I with SN J3252, complete with cleaning rod and kanji proofed leather sling

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Well, I was bored at work today so I made a little graph. It shows all the Type I serial numbers listed on in thread grouped by letter block.
The letter at the bottom of the graph denotes the beginning of that letter block. Each dot is one rifle. If the serial number was only partially reported then the possible unknown number range was divided in half and used as the missing part of the serial number for the graph. I.e. J4xxx = J4500 and D35xx = D3550. If only the letter block was given it was not used.

Nothing too interesting. As has been said before, the serial numbers show a fairly good spread with no large gaps, with the slight possible exception of the middle of the C block where the numbers jump from C40xx to C8270.

There is also a 'pattern' where there are higher reporting rates near the end/beginning of a serial number block. Collection/reporting bias or just nothing?

i.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
I recently got one of these from an uncle who passed. Its only the stock and barreled receiver.. serial H9839..
Looking for a handguard currently.... barrel is in great shape, stock is nicely worn.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here are some pics... There are a bunch of stamps one the bottom, near the barrel/reciever joint.. I know the "39" represents the year and the FNA stamp is there.. any ideas on the others? There's an SA in a box.. possible Finnish excursion in its journey?.. I tried to remove the buttplate, but the top screw head isnt cooperating. I could drill it out and order a screw, but Id rather not. Is there typically anything under there? The stock has no markings. It looks like there is a piece of metal embedded in the left side, by the bolt. There's also a bit of a charred impression on the right finger groove.. interesting stuff, for sure.. unfortunately, the story of the more recent decades of its travels, died with my uncle....

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'll add another to an old thread. Cheap gun show find.. FNA marked bolt and under receiver. Metal is great, unfortunately the stock was split in half at one time and poorly repaired. Looks like it had some use, it split along the grain of the wood, may have been dropped on the butt at one time. Bore is great, would be a good shooter except for the stock, hate to fire it and have it fall apart. Not sure what the wood finish is but its thin and dark, looks like walnut but its not. It looks good though, keeps a couple Arisaka and Carcano rifles company ;)

View attachment 2398729 View attachment 2398737 View attachment 2398745

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll add another to an old thread. Cheap gun show find.. FNA marked bolt and under receiver. Metal is great, unfortunately the stock was split in half at one time and poorly repaired. Looks like it had some use, it split along the grain of the wood, may have been dropped on the butt at one time. Bore is great, would be a good shooter except for the stock, hate to fire it and have it fall apart. Not sure what the wood finish is but its thin and dark, looks like walnut but its not. It looks good though, keeps a couple Arisaka and Carcano rifles company ;)

View attachment 2398729 View attachment 2398737 View attachment 2398745
The markings on yours are basically identical to mine...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here is my restored rifle.. Parts found on ebay, made in FNA Brescia.. I fabricated the handguard. Jinsen bayonet..repro sling

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Carcano collector.
353 Posts
I have a few. I will measure them when I can.

·
Registered
Carcano collector.
353 Posts
Here are mine:

E9111 - 49.5 inches
L6262 - 49.5 inches
D3162 - 49.5 inches
G3935 - 50.5 inches
H1519 - 50.5 inches

41 - 60 of 60 Posts