Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to all. This is the 2nd sword being offered to me, Japanese Type 32. I passed on the 1st one thanks to the information received, much appreciated. The blade length on this one is 33", 84 cm, and the scabbard is matching numbers. I do not understand why blade lengths are different, assuming there was a standard specification for these. I hopefully have the pics oriented correctly. Kokura arsenal as well. The blade and scabbard look original to me but would appreciate additional opinions. Thank you for taking the time to look and reply.
John

Wind instrument Magenta Musical instrument Tints and shades Metal
Jersey Product Textile Sleeve Sportswear
Wood Material property Magenta Close-up Electric blue
Wood Vehicle door Automotive exterior Natural material Magenta
Glasses Textile Eyewear Headgear Eye glass accessory
Product Bag Luggage and bags Collar Eyewear
Wood Red Gas Circle Metal
Finger Material property Knife Everyday carry Blade
Kitchen utensil Automotive design Tool Automotive exterior Utility knife
Liquid Wood Magenta Audio equipment Tints and shades

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
One is the calvary (39" overall length) sword and one is the military police, transportation corps and Master Sergent in the infantry sword (overall length 36" overall length).

Reactions: Rescue190

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Much nicer condition. Kokura and Nagoya arsenal stamps (Dawson has one with the same mix). I like it better.

The seller has still done some spiffing up of the blade. It looks nice, but a risky thing to be doing to antique blades without training.

Much better pick of the 2.

There were 2 sizes of the Type 32 - 39 3/8" "Ko" and 36 3/4" "Otsu" (first and second). The longer was for cavalry, while the shorter was for foot soldiers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.