Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Want to know the value of an excellent condition T44 cavalry model. Bayonet is intact, mum is not ground, blueing is great, wood stock is absolutely in excellent condition. Has holes like it was for a scope mount. Looks like it was assembled like a watch.
Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
where exactly are the holes at?
Are there two of them, on either side, directly between where the mum was and the "4-4-Shiki"?

If so, they are suppose to be there, if anywhere else... then....

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I believe so. I do not have the rifle but I am quite sure about that location. They were the only two holes it had. What do you think? What should I offer for the T44? It really is in great condition, but I have no idea as to the value. Thanks again, Bob

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
what is the status of the parts? does everything match? It is an important determination before making an offer on an investment gun like a Type 44.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,337 Posts
Those are gas vent holes and are part of every Type 38 family rifle. You can check the Banzai link posted in one of the stickies on this board and do some basic research. If all original and in the condition you described, you are talking $1k plus. But, you better know what an original stock finish looks like before you shell out that amount of $$. Also, most Type 44s are matched by assembly number versus SN... you need to learn where that production break is and how to determine if the rifle is matching as well. Also, some bayonet housing types (2nd variation) bring a premium, and many 3rd variation bayonet housings are on arsenal reworked guns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts