Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Got a new question - since the headspace is adjusted with shims, what are the numbers on the barrel lock nut for?
My guess would be that these would indicate torque settings and the manual probably specifies what number it should be tightened to?
I think Rick answered that for me when I got my gun a few years ago. IIRC they are reference marks so once you tighten a barrel into the receiver. Next time you put it back you know where it was tightened to.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Rick,
You need to dump that RCBS single stage press. Get a Dillon RL450. Use your dies in it. Prep your cases ahead of time. Then you can knock them right out. Every pull of the handle and out comes a loaded round. I have mine set up for 30.06 because I had a bunch of cases to do. I'm going to change it to .300 blackout soon. Once I get my suppressor approved. I also have a RCBS turret press. I have another set of 7.7 dies in it. All are where they should be. When I do 7.7 cases I just swing the turret wheel over to the next die. One die is a universal decapper. So all cases get decapped in that die. I never have to adjust dies.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.