Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,281 Posts
The inclusion of a spare bolt is smart. Since the bolt is a solid block of steel not much is likely to happen to it but if the extractor broke, it would take time to fix that. This lets you pop in the new bolt (with the extractor installed) and get back into action. You can fix the extractor later.

What is that at the top end of the cleaning rod on the right??

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,281 Posts
Got a new question - since the headspace is adjusted with shims, what are the numbers on the barrel lock nut for?
My guess would be that these would indicate torque settings and the manual probably specifies what number it should be tightened to?

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,281 Posts
Easy to see why the scraper tip is hard to find. Thanks for the photos & I was happy to pick up those loose tools. I've also added the leather wallet and barrel wrench to that purchase.
So, those numbers are a torque reference. It would be interesting to see what is actually said about them in the manual. My barrel nut always comes loose as well and that's about the only time I ever have a stoppage.

BTW Rick, no snow here and it's been warm enough to wear flip flops :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.