Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today at a flea market i bought this japanese sword and three german bayonets, the price was very good and if its a repo i still did not get hurt. the serial number is 160882 on the blade and scabbard, the peg that holds the handle on is missing and it has some sort of tassle on the handle,can any one tell me if it is a repo or not, either way i,m happy with it. thanks eastbank.

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,304 Posts
Looks like the real deal but the "fuchi" (where the markings are) is sure beat up. The tsuka was held on by a screw & round nut that are missing.

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,996 Posts
It's real. Too bad about the fuchi. The handle, and I bet the scabbard have almost 100% paint. To take the handle off, you also have to take out the barrel nut, that holds the sarute. (tassel loop) Bend the loop out first. Sounds like you got it for cheap. I would look for a cheap sword, with that maker mark on the fuchi, and swap 'em out. You can get your money back out of the donor. A "mekugi" bolt can be easily made out of a 1/8" dome headed brass bolt and nut. You'll have to turn the nut round, and cut a slot for a spanner wrench. Just made one yesterday. When you get done, you'll have a sword worth at least $800.00.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.