Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't collect Japanese rifles but I wanted a representative piece and a while back I ended up with 2.
One is a Type44 carbine and this paratrooper rifle.

To be honest I am not sure what I want to do with it, trade it, sell it, keep it.
What I would like to find out is really what I have. I know these rifles are not common but beyond that I know very little about them
What year was it made?
What is the ball park value on it if I were to list it?
Anything special in terms of markings on it?

sometime in the future I will put up the M44 carbine to find out more about it but that one is a definite keeper.
I just can't figure out what to do with this one :)

The rifle is all matching with a scrubbed mum.

Thank you very much for your comments.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
You have a Type 2 paratrooper rifle. Made approx 1943. The mum is lighly ground. It is matching by assembly number and serial number. The wood is original. My ball park guess at a value would be @ 1200-1500 dollars.The lack of a dust cover and the mum being ground hurts the value. They are not rare by any means and surviveabilty ranges from like new to horrible.

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
Big Ed hit the nail on the head here. Its a fairly common rifle but does sell for a decent sum of money. The rust on the receiver will hurt the value as the high end collectors will not want it. But, with that said it is a very nice and complete representative piece. I think it would fetch between $1000 and $1200 at auction. you can list it here as well, but things don't seem to be selling on the boards here lately.

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
yup. production numbers were low for a military rifle, but it seems as though all 22,000 survived the war. these were a favorite bring back item for GIs and since they could be taken apart and brought home easily in a duffle bag, they often times escaped the grinder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.