Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my Type 93 Battery Commanders Scope made in May 1944. It has the very hard to find accessory, the optical grid illumination lamp.

For detailed photos of the Optical Grid Illumination Lamp follow the below link;

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?203804-Japanese-Army-Pinhole-Torch

I'm looking for a few more of these optical illumination lamps for my Type 98 Light (weight) Theodolites if any one has one they don't need.

I notice that many of the Type 93 Scopes for sale on Feebay etc have their aiming circle missing. With out this the scope can't be fitted to the tripod.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,304 Posts
You're putting together a very impressive collection of optics! You may have more than Okiedokie does now ;)
Great photos too :thumbsup:

·
Gold Bullet member
6,215 Posts
Yowzers, those are nice complete set-ups you got put together there and the other threads ! This illumination source is uber cool and rare, and I certainly do not have one of those. I suddenly have a strong urge / need to buy up and add more optics !!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Very cool! Manufactured by Toshiba (Tokyo Shibaura Electric Co., Ltd.) at their Kawasaki, Kanagawa Prefecture Branch. Last year, when I was working for Nippon Electric in Kawasaki, I was fortunate enough to visit this exact factory in the Komukai district in the northern part of town.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.