Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats to the board member that snagged the Russian Berdan rifle with Japanese stock markings. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=273510244
I was tempted to bid and had it on my watch list, but I didn't feel the usual desire to add it to my collection so let it pass.
I couldn't make out the marking that has been applied over top of one of the school marks?

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Thanks guys. The stock brands are from what we believe are a middle or youth school in a location named "Gamaike Village." Takehito thinks it might be located in Fukuoka Prefecture. Yes, I'd expected this one to sell for a lot higher as well, however, the metal, especially the barrel, is pretty well worn. Still, it's an odd and interesting example. Until this one showed up, all of the Russian/Japanese trainer conversions I'd encountered were Mosin-Nagants. This is the first Japanese-marked Berdan I've ever seen.

Will post some better photos when it arrives.

C/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.