Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had this helmet for a long time
It looks good to me but maybe someone more into head gear might see something I don’t Thanks for the help

Attachments

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
It’s a nice navy helmet. Net looks original but can’t see the drawstring in photos. Only issue being the insignia. It should be painted & match finish on rest of helmet. Note how replaced insignia prongs don’t match indentations on liner band of original insignias prongs.

·
Registered
628 Posts
The badge is period but like said above is a replacement. It was originally nickel plated. Someone has removed the nickel finish leaving the copper undercoat exposed. The nickel plate is still visible on the legs. The kanji looks wrong to me as well. With that said that's a nice battle damaged helmet with a killer net.
S

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The badge is period but like said above is a replacement. The kanji looks wrong to me as well. With that said that's a nice early painted over grey with a killer net.
S
The badge is period but like said above is a replacement. The kanji looks wrong to me as well. With that said that's a nice early painted over grey with a killer
The badge is period but like said above is a replacement. The kanji looks wrong to me as well. With that said that's a nice battle damaged helmet with a killer net.
S
i guess better to be original than re pop

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
a nice IJLF'S HELMET. I like NAVY ONES. who don't??

This helmet was at a show in the 70’s
It was complete with a padded naval cover and net (cover had damage in the same area helmet has damage)
I passed it up (couldn’t afford it)
Came back around dealer sold cover off of it and was now willing to bargain on the price of the rest
I got it because it looked good

·
Banned
9 Posts
Net could of been added but it’s a nice original. Still would need to see nets drawstring to see if it’s original
What is it about the drawstring that will tell you? Ive just started finding interest in helmets and have honestly been afraid to jump on anything due to how many fakes and wrongly identified nets and badges seem to be around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.