Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a well-preserved, all-matching Type 95 75mm field gun. This is only one of two known in existance in the US! Taken at the Fort Douglas Military Museum in Salt Lake City. They also have a pristine German M40 anti-tank gun.

-Eric

·
Registered
26 Posts
Second Type 95

The other Type 95 is at the Texas Air Museum in Slaton Texas which is outside Lubbock. Will get pictures this weekend. They also have a German 88mm.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Here's a well-preserved, all-matching Type 95 75mm field gun. This is only one of two known in existance in the US! Taken at the Fort Douglas Military Museum in Salt Lake City. They also have a pristine German M40 anti-tank gun.

-Eric
Eric, are these pieces inspection stamped like the rifles and pistols are? Were you able to see what arsenal made the gun?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nagoya, I didn't look. I did, however, notice the number "118" stamped all over the cannon. Have a look. Can you translated this? Found on top of breach.

-Eric

·
Gold Bullet member
6,110 Posts
Super neat ! Type 95 Field Gun / Made in Showa 14 (1939) / Osaka Arsenal.
Gads, I need one of these on my front yard.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Edokko,

Thanks for the translation. Yes, this piece would make a fine front-lawn display! Ha, ha. Can you translate the writing on the barrel of this Type 91 105mm howitzer?

Thanks, Eric

·
Gold Bullet member
6,110 Posts
For sure ! From top to bottom.
-Kyu-ichi Shiki Ju-senchi Ryudan-ho (Type 91 10cm Howitzer)
-No.1002
-Showa Ju-roku-nen Sei (Made in Showa 16)
-Osaka Rikugun Zo-hei Sho (Osaka Army Arsenal)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts