Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
59,080 Posts
I looked for a few years and settled for a pedersoli.

Muzzleloading forum is great, I'll post a link if needed when I get home this evening

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

3,343 Posts
Pull up AmericanLongRiflesForums and see what you can turn up there. You'll find some extremely knowledgable members there that should be able to answer your questions.

I know very little about reproduction military muskets since my interests and collection efforts are with custom built flintlock Kentucky Longrifles. Of the manufactured replicas that I have seen, however, Pedersoli kinda stands out as being the best.

The only military flintlock I know anything about is a Carolina Backcountry pieced together militia .60cal piece with straight rifling. The original is owned by the Valley Forge National Museum. Two replicas were made of this piece, and one of these is owned by the Kings Mountain National Battlefield (where the original was supposedly used), and I own the other. With 65gr of 2f, the damn thing kills on both ends I promise you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.